Monday, June 8, 2009

K-Mart Doubles & Troubles...

I went to Kmart this morning to grab some items that my family uses frequently. Things like lotion, sun screen, laundry detergent, mouthwash, pull-ups, etc.

I had my coupons with me to take advantage of the $2 doubles Kmart was offering this week; but I have to say that I am quite disappointed with Kmart.

First, they only allow 10 coupons, per person, per day. I cannot bring my hubby because he's in meetings for most of the day and doing other important stuff.

Secondly, they increased their prices to cover the cost of the money they would've lost due to the double coupons. Their baby wash, pull-ups/diapers, lotions, etc were all considerably higher than Walmart & Target. For example, they had a pack of Huggies Pull-Ups, 26ct, for OVER $12. These pull-ups are usually UNDER $10, regular price...at Walmart they were $9!

Thirdly, They do not re-stock their selves in an timely manner. I got to the store around 9am, and they were JUST starting to re-stock. With a energetic 2 year old, there was no way I would have an opportunity to stand around and wait for them. I thought stores usually re-stock their selves overnight or early in the morning..not 9am!

And lastly, I just wish KMart was better organized. That's the one reason why I shop at Target and am willing to pay the extra money that they charge...CUSTOMER SERVICE & ORDERLY. Every time I need help, Target gives me NO problems. The aisles are cleaner and clearer, everything is neat, I can find items or an associate without a hassle, their bathrooms are decent, and I love the red, eye popping color. And my hubby feels the same way..and will NOT go to Walmart OR Kmart, if he doesn't have to.

I might go back this week to Kmart to see what else I can get for FREE or really cheap, but I wouldnt hold my breath...LOL.

Just my two cents.

1 comment:

Love Abounds At Home said...

I haven't shopped at KMart in like forever! Maybe I need to peep in there and see if they have any goodies. Great job on being a steward of your money!