Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Know, I Know.....& Finacne Updates

I told myself I would post here more frequently, but haven't; so sorry everyone. I do love this blog and coming up with different posts, but have been preoccupied with other things. I will schedule posts so that if I happen to be super busy on a given day, this blog will still remain current and up to date.

Now with that out of the way, how is everyone? How is your financial progress coming along? For me and my family, we are coming along at a slow but stead pace. I usually try to save $600-$700 AFTER bills, mortgage, tithes, loans, credit card pymts, husband's play money, our fun money, misc, house, food, medical, gas, taxes and other expenses. I figure that savings number is pretty good, considering I am a stay at home mom, therefore our household have just 1 income. I try to save/conserve as much as possible without limiting some fun or life experiences.

As for the upcoming new year and goals; my husband and I have talked about this and have came up with 6 simple goals that will be useful for us to complete for the upcoming year.
Here they are:
1. Read the bible in it's entirety- This is something I've always wanted to do.
2. Save $5,000-can be accomplished by saving at least $416.00 a month-not including tax refunds, bonus, etc.
3. Save $2,000 for down paymt on car- both our cars are older BUT paid off. We still want to be prepare just in case we HAVE to get another car.
4. GO TO DISNEY WORLD-we are looking at October 2010!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Spend more time praying, reading, talking, and playing with my family; without outside distractions.
6. Be a better wife and mom-I can always improve in this area.

There ya go, our goals for 2010. Sounds pretty simple, huh?! Let's hope so...LOL.

Now, during the beginning of each year, we usually have some big bills; they are 2 car inspections (on older cars), registrations, home warranty renewals, and Car insurance renewal; plus my husband is turning the big 3-0, so I have to do something very special for him. Boy that sounds expensive just typing it....smh. However, we do have a little tax refund we get..usually no more than $500-$1,300 depending....and my husband does get a nice bonus in the beginning of March, so that is good.

As for reflecting on this past year, there are so many things that I am thankful for. We have been blessed more than we deserve and owe it all to GOD! He is truly AMAZING! We became homeowners, my husband received 2 raises and a promotion, we have our health, shelter, food, and transportation.

What about you? What are you thankful for this past year?

P.S. We are finally done with Christmas shopping and are very proud of the fact that we stayed within our...ok we went of over budget by $5.00 or so, which isn't bad; and that includes gifts for my hubby and I, our daughter, pollyannas, gifts for others, etc. We are VERY proud of ourselves as it is VERY easy to over spend this time of year!

No comments: