Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Got $567 in Cash and Gift Cards for FREE & You can too!!

$567 from just spending some time reading the sales ad, signing up with rewards programs and making my husband’s money pay for its self. Here’s what I did in detail;

$100-American Express- Rewards Points. Every time we use our card, we get 1 point per dollar. After earning enough points, we could redeem them for Gift cards, electronics, etc. We choose a $50 Maggio’s Italy GC, $25 Old navy GC, and $25 California Kitchen GC.

$25-MyPoints- My husband has been signed up with this website since 2000; that’s 11 years! They send surveys for us to complete and you can even purchase items online via this website. It usually takes 3 months to earn and redeem a gift card. This $25 GC will be for a restaurant or a clothing store.

$25-Our Credit Union-Again, sign up for your card’s rewards points program! This takes us about every 3-4 months to earn a gift card. This one will be a Best Buy GC for my husband.

$5-Swagbucks-We used our points for an Amazon.com GC. You use this site as a search engine.

$10-Babies R US-I was sent a coupon. If I made a registry at either Babies R US or Toys R US, I would get a $10 Gift Card. I did the registry and got the gift card.

$200-Acme – This supermarket had a fantastic promotion going on last week. Basically, for every $100 you spend on a gift card; get a $10 store gift card. I took some of the Christmas money we had been saving, along with money we spend on gas, and got a $500 VISA Gift card, therefore earning a FREE $50 Acme Gift Card. Used that $500 VISA Gift Card to buy another $500 VISA card to get another FREE $50 Acme gift card. I did this scenario until I reach $200 in Acme Gift Cards.

$5-Acme coupon-sign-up e-mail- Acme Supermarket has an e-mail signup program. Sign-up and get a $5 coupon.

$20-Kohls Cash-Used part of the $500 VISA Gift card from Acme to buy a Kolhs gift card; as I wanted to buy a vacuum. Kohl's is having their Kohl's cash special; every $50, get $10 Kohl's cash-basically a store GC. I bought a vacuum, 2 Yankee Candles and a Leaf table mat for $110-got back $20 to use on a future purchase.

Free Outback Steak Dinner GC-They were having a promotion via Facebook! If you were one of the 1st 1,000,000 to sign-up you get a FREE steak dinner. Our GC came last week!!!!!

$5 DSW-DSW gives a $5 GC to your birthday! Sign-up!!

Free Milky way Candy bar (value-.99-) Again, promotion via Face book! They gave 10,000 coupons for a FREE candy bar!

Free Starbucks drink (value $7.00) Birthday gift from Starbucks! Sign-up for your birthday!!!!

$100-Selling baby items- Since no one in my family needed any baby items and since I don't want or like clutter, I posted an ad on Craig’s List selling a Stroller, Car seat, Bassinet, Bumbo, bouncer, and swing for $100. I didn’t want to price too high but I didn’t want to give it away either. Sold in 1 day for $100 cash.

$25-Hertz Car Rental-Husband earned $25 GC from renting a car through Hertz. Will use this next year for a family outing!

So there you have it. $567!!! It generally takes 3 months on average to earn enough points to redeem for rewards, but it’s so worth it, in the end! It’s a nice way to make extra money to do some of the things you like. I LOVE going out to eat at restaurants, but it can and is EXPENSIVE. I use the rewards points for GC to eat so we don’t have to spend our personal money!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW you are really doing great!


Judy