Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Days When Desert Outings Used to be Cheap.....

Ahhh, the good old days......

The inexpensive, good old days.....

This was when a family could avoid the high cost of resturant dining, and pick up some desert for a fraction of the cost.

Not anymore!

My husband and I; along with our 11 month old and 4 year old, went out to grab some ice cream to celebrate my birthday after dinner. I thought, "This will cost 6 or 7 bucks, max; and I even had a BOGO free coupon to go with our order!

I thought I was set......but nope!

We ordered 1 small cup of ice cream with 2 mix-ins for me (mine was free) and 3 for my husband (the mix-ins are $.69 extra for each), plus 1 kid size cup of ice cream with sprinkles and a kid vanilla ice cream cone for our son.

Imagine my surprise when it came up to be $12.99! Yes, $12.99 for ice cream and 1 was free.

Geez, not to complain or anything, but even the simplest outings are starting to get pricey.

What's gonna happen when the kids get bigger and a "kid-size" anything is going to be enough?

I would suggest the Frosty Ice-cream truck but they aren't what they used to be.

Price & cleanliness wise......they have gone down hill.

All the way down hill.




No comments: