Monday, March 9, 2009

My First Real CVS Shopping Adventure Was A.........

Success, to say the least!

I saved over $32.00 on my first time there with no ECBs!

Here what I did:
I had a $4.00 off a purchase of $20.00 coupon; so I figured I'd start with that.
I had some items I wanted to purchase such as diapers, wipes, snacks, etc.

Since I already had some regular coupons in addition to the $5.00 off Huggies coupons, I'd thought I try CVS and see how I come out.

I bought:
1 Pack of Huggies Diapers
1 Pack of Pull Ups (Huggie's Brand)
3, yes..3 Huggies wipes
VO5 Conditioner
Betty Crocker Brownie Bowl
Bag of Pretzels
1-2 liter Sprite
1-2 Liter Cherry Coke

I had a coupon for EVERY item listed except for the sodas, shampoo, and pretzels...

Here's what each item cost:

1 Pack of Huggies-9.88 (on sale) -$5.00 (Huggie's coupon) = $4.88
1 Pack of Pull ups-$9.88 (on sale) but it rung up as $17.99 and I got it for FREE!!!
3 packs of Huggies Wipes $7.99 - $3.00 off (Huggies Coupon) = $4.99 for all 3!
VO5 Conditioner = $0.99
Betty Crocker Brownie Bowl $1.66 -$0.55 off = $1.11
Bag of Pretzels = $0.79
Both 2 Liter sodas = $3.00

So my total OOP was $12.47 for all this stuff!!!

Saved $32.81 according to my receipt

And I earned over $16.00 in ECBs (Extra Care Bucks) AND another $4.00 off a purchase of $20.00 coupon for next time! (I think we already had $16.00 in ECBs and just didn't know it..LOL)

I will surely be visiting CVS again in the near future and printing out more Huggies Coupons..LOL!


3 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome for your first!! Glad to hear from you. Julie @Kingdomklipper

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Great job! I'm sure this will be the first trip of many :-).

Anonymous said...

A great way to supplement your CVS shopping is to transfer prescriptions to them. You can use a competitor's Rx transfer coupon. For example, RiteAid usually puts out $25 gift card coupons. You bring the RiteAid coupon and your prescription to CVS. CVS will give you a $25 CVS gift card!

I LOVE Rx hopping!!